The Question of the Future

What do you want to be when you grow up?
    Cliché as it is, this is the question asked in pretty much every stage of your youth, and commonly even through a majority of your earlier adulthood. Not only does it provide a sort of pressure that you should know the answer, but it also provides pressure because the answer is such a significant element of shaping your life as well as your success.  
    I was not the sort of kid to have an automatic answer or some big dream I was chasing, like being a ballerina or a celebrity. My answer has always been a mystery, even for mini me. Even with the question of, "what are you planning on majoring in when you go to college," I decided on a major early just so I would not have to deal with the questions that follow the answer, "I'm not sure." 
    Now that I have lived a little more and have some more life experience, and almost a year of college under my belt, I do now have a little idea of what I want to be. Though it is still broad, I hope to go into the world of communications after I finish my college education. I have always been a confident public speaker, from giving my class speech at graduation, to loving the opportunity to present in front of a crowd, so have always been open to a career that might involve that. I also love writing and creating relationships with people, which also fall under my current career path! Obviously I have still not provided a specific answer to the question, "what do you want to be when you grow up," but it has taken me 18 years to reach the category I might want to fall under, so who knows when I will truly be able to answer that question!
    With the path I am hoping to take in my life, I foresee my future careers will be highly intertwined with social media. Due to my current involvement in social media, this does not worry me. However, I am highly aware that I need to continue educating myself on how to be a beneficial figure on social media, both personally and professionally since my position in the future could depend on it. The idea of social media being a key part of my future careers is actually an element that excites me though I know to be wary of how I use and apply social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn about the Country of India!

3 Tips for Future D1 Athletes

Media in our World