Introduction

Ah introductions! 

It can sometimes be extremely difficult for people to talk about themselves, but fortunately I do not seem to be the type of person who struggles with that! My name is Becca Valentine (yes I have a holiday named after me😉) and I am currently a freshman at Mount St. Mary's university playing Division One water polo. 

Now, I will preface this first paragraph by saying I do not identify myself solely as a water polo player, but it is certainly an instrumental part of who I am. The sport I play is important  to me. The routine of going to practices everyday, the competitive outlet it provides me, and the team I have already grown to love are just some of the reasons for my dedication to the sport. Having played water polo since middle school, I am able to look back on how it has helped shape me into who I am today. From a little girl dreaming of going and playing in the Olympics, to committing to a Division One program, water polo is a massive part of my past, present, and hopefully future. Earning a bronze medal after competing in the Junior Olympics this past summer fulfilled me with a simple taste of what could be. Though making the Olympics is a simple dream a mini me dreamt up, I hope my life takes me somewhere where water polo will continue to play an affect in my life, such as maybe coaching and teaching others how to love the sport as much as I do!

A doe eyed freshman, college has proven to be an immense change in my lifestyle, but I'm thinking it's a good change :) I am a double major in communications and sociology (though this is already the second set of majors I have chosen so we'll see where it goes.) The friends I have made along the way so far are already key figures in my life and I look forward to continuing to watch us help each other through life. The future has always been a scary prospect, because who really knows what it holds! This being said, college is the time most seem to figure it out so fingers crossed...….maybe I'll end up in human resources, or editing a newspaper, or something even cooler! Only time will tell.

Even before arriving at college I would have been able to say that I do not consider myself a particularly creative person. Sure I can get all A's in a creative writing course, or brainstorm a fun invention to present to my public speaking class, but overall I do not believe I have a very creative view on the world. I appreciate beautiful things and will try to make things appear as organized and pretty as possible, but it is generally not my own work and is merely a representation of an artistic choice someone else has made that I enjoyed looking at. In the case of this blog, I chose pretty patterns and scripts I thought were pleasing to my eyes!

I hope this little author introduction has proven interesting enough to grasp your attention! If not, here's a couple random facts about me that may do the trick:

I traveled to 48 states in a year in an RV.

I have been homeschooled since 2nd grade.

Both my parents are originally from Britain and I have dual citizenship thanks to them :)

I love to do things that make my stomach drop, for example - straight lining down a mountain on a snowboard!

Lastly, I am very honestly a picture obsessed individual, whether it be taking them or being in them, I love it all. So if you enjoy looking at pictures rather than simply reading, I have a feeling this blog will become extremely captivating for you. Until next time ✌

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn about the Country of India!

3 Tips for Future D1 Athletes

Media in our World