Life thanks to the Mount

 A Semester Adventure

My second semester as a freshman in college has been flying by and I have to say I am grateful for that! With water polo practices and tournaments taking up so much time, it was barely noticeable that I haven't been able to go home on breaks or weekends to see my family! This experience has certainly been an adjustment, but I am very grateful for the friends I have made so far that are so supportive and caring. Even with not being able to go home due to training on campus, I have been able to have bounds of fun while here in little Emmitsburg, Maryland. 

From nights watching beautiful pink sunsets, to morning treks to the pool, my friends and I have made the most of being here all semester. One of my favorite memories we have made so far was our Boston trip. Traveling 7 hours on a bus to Harvard University to play water polo games was certainly a core experience. Every night we were in Boston we were allowed to go out into different town squares and shopping areas in the city to simply have fun. These nights often pop into my head even now because of how enjoyable they were. They were filled with laughter as we all made jokes throughout the night, joy as we took as many pictures as we could with some of the prettiest backgrounds I have ever seen, and just pure happiness to be living in the moment and spending time with such quality people. I am so grateful for being granted the opportunity to be involved with such a close team that is able to have such fun and unique experiences. 

Thank you to Mount St. Mary's for providing me with the opportunity to continue my water polo career as a Division One athlete, while still living the college experience.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn about the Country of India!

3 Tips for Future D1 Athletes

Media in our World